Happy Father's Day!!
This year we were unable to spend Father's Day with our own fathers, but we had the opportunity to celebrate this special day with our grandpa! We have lived with my grandpa for almost a year, and we love every minute of it. He is truly an amazing man!
Since it is cherry season at grandpas house, we have been busy picking cherries by the bucket full. So we thought it fitting to make our Father's Day meal with a cherry theme. We had a cherry centerpiece, cherry drink, cherry chicken, and a cherry pie. Let me know if you have any good cherry recipes, we are desperately trying to get rid of all of these cherries before they go bad!
Cherry Chicken Recipe
6 boneless chicken breasts
3 cups of mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup milk
2 cups bread crumbs
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Pound chicken so it is thin enough to roll
2. Place a handful of mozzarella cheese, and a pinch of parmesan cheese in the middle of the chicken breast
3. Tightly roll the chicken
4. Mix together the egg and milk
5. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture
6. Dip the wet chicken in the bread crumbs
7. Heat olive oil in a skillet
8. Brown the chicken on both sides
9. Place chicken in a baking dish and cook on 350 degrees for 30-40 minuetes, until no longer pink
The cherry sauce can be found here.
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup unsalted cold butter
1 teaspoon salt
6-8 tablespoons ice water
1. Combine dry ingredients
2. Using a pastry cutter cut in butter to the dry ingredients
3. Gently mix in ice water
4. Separate dough in half
5. Roll out one half and place in the pie pan
6. Add cherry filling
7. Roll out the second half of the dough and cut into strips
8. Weave dough into a basket shape on top of the cherry filling
9. Brush milk on top of the crust and sprinkle sugar over wet dough for a sweet crunchy topping
10. Bake on 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, until golden brown
For more detailed instructions, see the online recipe.
Cherry Pie Filling
Discover it here.
Our Favorite Men
A special thanks to these two wonderful men. Thanks for being such wonderful examples, and wonderful fathers. We love you, Happy Father's Day!