Wednesday, June 20, 2012

80's flashback

Before                After


When I saw this dress at the thrift store I thought, hello 80's! The shoulder pads, drop waist, and unflattering baggy top were just too much to handle.  I watched the cashier give me a strange look as I gave her my $7.00, and purchased the dress... but I had a vision. For this dress I took off the skirt, the middle panel, and the sleeves. I then made everything tighter, and shorter, and got rid of that awful drop waist. After some quick alterations I reattached everything. Last but not least I added a coat zipper  in the back for convenience and style. Not bad for $7.00. 




6 comments:

  1. wooww! looks like something from J.Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are amazing!!! AH teach me how to sew please!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Great eye, I love the print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this ! great pattern! i love how you made it into a modern design. i am gonna have to keep coming back and hope that some of your skills rub off on me ! heartandthrift.blogspot.com stop on by and say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a darling dress Mackenzie!! Your revived projects are so fun to look at.

    Meredith
    alldressedupblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're amazing Kenzie!!! miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...